Nutrition and oral health are closely linked. The relationship between oral health and nutrition is bidirectional. While diet and nutrition affect the health of the mouth, poor oral health can also impact dietary intake and nutrients consumed. The overall aim of this webinar is to provide an overview of the impact of diet on oral health.
- Explore the role of various nutrients as related to growth and development, and oral health/diseases.
- Discuss the relationship between oral health and systemic health.
- Explain the link between fermentable carbohydrates and the development of dental cavities.
- Understand appropriate dietary modifications to prevent dental cavities and maintain good oral health.
- Discuss the importance of basic dietary counseling in dental practice with regard to oral diseases.
CE Categories: A1, A2, E2
Click here to register